Teachers In Charge
Ms Shaikha (Overall-in-charge)
Mr Omar (ICT)
Mr Yong Yijie
2.00 - 4.00 p.m.
The Robotics Club members attend weekly sessions that are designed to develop their programming skills progressively. During the CCA sessions, pupils work in teams to develop their robots and programming skills through accomplishing the challenges and missions assigned to them. Beyond honing their skills in Robotics, pupils also learn other invaluable skills such as teamwork, problem-solving and resilience as they work on their challenges.
- To foster creativity and problem-solving skills in our pupils as they work together in a team to solve challenges.
- To provide a platform for pupils to apply their programming skills and logical thinking to create solutions to solve Robotic missions.
- Project and Robot Demonstration to the Guests-of-Honour at the National Robotics Competition Award Ceremony. Our Champion Team demonstrated their work to Mr Ng Lang (CEO of JTC) and Associate Professor Lim Tit Meng (CEO of Science Centre Singapore).
- Preparation Workshop for the participants of the First Lego League (FLL) Competition 2019
- Creation of a ‘WELCOME’ robots set-up for the OEPS Annual Prize Giving 2018 Commencement Ceremony. The robot activation was done by our Guest-of-Honour, Mr Edwin Tong (Senior Minister of State for Law and Health, Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC (Joo Chiat) Grassroots Organisations.
- Environment Challenge for Schools (ECS) 2018 – Application of Microbit
Our pupils are given the opportunity each week to work in teams to complete Robotic missions and challenges. Through this, our pupils develop themselves as a team player and they learn about what it takes for a team to be able to work cohesively in order to meet their goals.
- Lego Mindstorms EV3 (Beginner)
- Lego Mindstorms EV3 (Intermediate)
- National Robotics Competition (Science Automatica Category) - 1st place
- National Robotics Competition (Science Automatica Category) - 3rd place
- National Robotics Competition (WRO Category) - Preliminary Round
- First Lego League (FLL) Competition - Finals Round
- First Lego League (FLL) Competition - Best Newcomer Award
- National Robotics Competition (Science Automatica Category) - Preliminary Round