|Mr Andrew Chong||Mrs June Low||Ms Karen Ong|
|Mdm Zi||Mdm Karen Koo||Mrs Eliza Lim|
|Mrs Shahrin||Mrs Michelle Teo||Mrs Nair|
|Mdm Noraini||Mdm Zahureen||Mdm Rahayu|
|Mrs Rafiq||Mdm Rashidah||Mr Helmy|
|Mdm Angeline Png||Ms Amanda Yong||Mdm Murlianti|
|Ms Angeline Wee||Mr Issac Pang||Mr Yeo Jun Cong|
|Mrs Koh-Cheng||Mdm Debby|
Click to read our short articles!
|Book Buzz||Books 2 Go Programme||Wits and Words Debate Championship|
|POSB-NLB Kids’ Lit Quiz||Moo-O Digital Storytelling Competition||Opera News|
|P1 & P2 Storytelling by NLB||Reading Remediation Workshop by Teachers||Storytelling Session at Reading Cove|
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SYLLABUS 2010
STELLAR CURRICULUM (Primary 1 to 6)
STELLAR stands for Strategies for English Language Learning and Reading.
STELLAR at Lower Primary
STELLAR at Upper Primary
The aims of STELLAR are to:
- Strengthen both language and reading skills
- Promote a positive attitude towards reading in the foundational years through the use of well-established, learner-centred and developmentally appropriate pedagogical approached using authentic children’s literature
For more STELLAR information and resources, please visit: http://stellarliteracy.sg/
Writing (Write Connection)
The aims of Write Connection are:
- To organize and develop ideas in recounts and narratives using strategies like Mindmaps, Graphic Organiser
- To use appropriate grammar forms, punctuation and spelling
- To use vivid and effective words through generation of contextualized words
- To achieve sentence fluency and variety through synthesizing and transforming practices
- To deliver the purpose of writing – connecting with readers
LEARNING SUPPORT PROGRAMMES
Learning Support Programme (LSP) (P1-P2)
A specialised early intervention programme aimed at providing learning support to pupils who enter Primary 1 with weak English language and literacy skills. Pupils are identified for LSP through a systematic screening process carried out at the beginning of Primary 1. The objective of the LSP is to equip pupils with basic literacy skills so that they could access learning in the regular classroom.
School-based Dyslexia Remediation Programme (SDR) (P3-P4)
A two-year intervention for Primary 3 and 4 students who are identified through a systematic screening process for dyslexia conducted at the end of Primary 2. The programme is conducted in small groups by trained school personnel using a remediation curriculum designed by MOE Reading Specialists. The curriculum has been designed taking into consideration the students’ learning profile and the contents of the mainstream English language curriculum.
Reading Remediation Programme (RRP) (P3-P4)
An intervention programme for Primary 3 and 4 students who did not meet the discharge criteria for LSP and who do not have dyslexia at the end of Primary 2 LSP. The RRP focuses on improving (i) word recognition and spelling, (ii) fluency, (iii) vocabulary and (iv) reading comprehension in the students.