Art and Music
|Mr Ray (HOD PE/CCA/Aesthetics)||Ms Sophia||Ms Ashilah|
|Mdm Sidah (ST Art)||Ms Seet Swee Li|
|VISION AND MISSION|
Vision – Creative Minds, Creative Bodies
Mission – To encourage creativity and innovation in our pupils through Art and Music
- Create and Perform music in both instrument and vocal setting, individually and in groups.
- Listen and respond to music.
- Appreciate music in local and global cultures.
- Understand musical elements and concepts.
The focus at this stage is the use of voice as a basic natural musical instrument to spark interest in music and to help them understand how music is part of our lives. Music and movement also plays an integral part of early musical development as they learn to use their bodies and movements to relate and respond to music.
Pupils start to apply the fundamentals of melody and rhythm in the angklung and xylophone modular programmes which compliments the curriculum as it encompasses all the elements of music that are taught (note reading, dynamics, textures etc). Through playing and performing, pupils learn how all these elements come together meaningfully in a musical context.
P5 & P6
Music from other cultures as part of global awareness is introduced at this stage. Pupils are taught African percussion (Africa) and ukelele (Hawaii). Here, pupils strengthen their rhythmic and melodic abilities through class and group performances. The focus here is to allow pupils to work together as a team (Values education and character building) and learn higher order problem solving and analytical skills through performing in groups.
The GAP aims to develop every child to be visually literate and to appreciate art. By the end of 6 years, we hope our pupils will be able to observe, understand and make meaning of what they see. They will also be able to see the value and recognize the relevance of art in their lives.
- Develop sensory awareness and imagination.
- Create artworks to share ideas, thoughts and feelings.
- Cultivate a spirit of innovation and experimentation.
- Understand and value the art from a variety of cultures and contexts.
- Develop self-confidence and sense of achievements.
Every pupil in Opera Estate Primary will go through the following art curriculum in their 6 years of primary school education.
|Exposure, Exploration and Experience:|
|Themes||Level||Student will be able to:|
|Other Special Programmes:|
|P6-Secondary Bridging Program||P6||